Y’all! I made a LIST! (Go me!)
Fourteen, count ’em folks, fourteen things I love about summer.
1) The bright blue sky, a warm breeze, and flowers. All the sights, smells, and sounds of summer, really. (Sweat doesn’t count.)
2) Grilling – everything tastes better grilled, with few exceptions.
3) Watermelon, as far as I know, is one exception. I’ve never had it grilled, but it’s really good chilled.
4) Picnics – if you’re gonna cook outside, ya might as well eat outside too. The 5-second rule does not apply at picnics, especially to watermelon.
5) A tall glass of iced tea. And unlimited refills. Sweetened with sugar.
6) Homemade ice cream – vanilla, with butterfinger chunks. YUM! Hand-cranked, y’all.
7) Swimming – just remember to wait an hour after eating.
8) Trips to the beach. I love to walk along the shore collecting seashells with waves lapping at my feet and sand between my toes.
9) Lounging by the pool or on the beach and getting lost in a novel. Now that’s relaxing.
10) Banana Boat tanning oil with SPF4, sundrenched complexions and bleached-out hair. And freckles. Freckles are adorable.
11) Children running around after dark chasing fireflies and playing “Ghost, ghost, are you out tonight?”
12) Camping and flyfishing at the Chatooga River. I’ve never caught anything, but I learned to cast last year. Hubby’s the fisherman.
13) Nighttime critter sounds. I like sleeping with the window open and a fan blowing if it’s not too hot outside. Like camping, only comfortable.
14) Rain. The sound and the smell of it.