Well, bust my buttons! A very dear friend of mine has bestowed this award upon me for making her think. I think most of the time she’s thinking “that woman ain’t right.” (You think that, too, don’t you? It’s okay. I get that a lot.) Seriously, I can’t tell you what an honor this is. Thank you, Barb, for thinking of me! And just when I needed a lift. You bless me. More than you know. Really.
Only now, I’m supposed to pay it forward. This is the hard part because, like Barb, every blog I read makes me think. And I read a lot of blogs. And they’re all good. But I have to narrow it down to 5. FIVE. Out of 86. I don’t even know where to begin.
My understanding is that this is not a competition. We haven’t been nominated as contestants to be voted in or out by majority. If that were the case, I would choose not to participate. Rather, the idea behind this meme is to spotlight blogs that offer interesting, informative content that might be helpful to those who read it. Every single one on my blogroll fits that description. If you aren’t reading them, I think you should be. Since so many of my favorite bloggers have already received this award (see Barb’s list, and Dawn’s list, and Laurel’s list . . . you get the idea) I’m going to pass it on to some that I have not yet added to my blogroll.
Having said all that, here are the rules for participating:
- If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
- Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
- Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).
Now I submit to you my list of ‘5 Blogs That Make Me Think.’ Enjoy!
- Yellow Mama at OneStepUpFromStupid
- Leslie at Lux Venit
- Lindon at COFFEETRADER-NEWS&VIEWS
- Gordon at INCREDIBLOG!
- Thomas at Tominthebox News Network
Now I’m off to Arkansas for the end of Spring Break. Happy weekend, y’all!